"Which of my all important nothings should I tell you first?" ~ Jane Austen, in a letter to her sister

Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why isn't it Friday?

I have seriously lived a week in 2 days. Now, I consciously know that it isn't Friday yet, but I just feel it should be considering everything that's gone on the last few days. But then I thought, "At least it's Wednesday. Only 2 more days." Dude, it's Tuesday. TUESDAY. 3 more days. 3. 

See, the problem is my work. It's different this week and that throws me off. We have 2 clients visiting. One from Brasil (as he tells me to spell it) and the other from Argentina. The one from Argentina doesn't speak great English and, I think, understands even less. Fun. The one from Brasil speaks Portuguese, English fairly well (except for the occasional, "uh, uh, how you say _____"), and some Spanish. Today I spent 6 hours talking. Like non-stop. Tomorrow we have another half day, at least, with them. 

The thing is, it's just constantly being with them, entertaining, socializing, being positive and blah, blah, blah. My people bucket gets too full. We spent hours out to dinner last night. Tonight I had to go to a school function for Bubba. My people bucket has runneth-the-hell-over.

Buenos noches amigos. Hasta maƱana!

No comments:

Post a Comment