"Which of my all important nothings should I tell you first?" ~ Jane Austen, in a letter to her sister

Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

My guys

In honor of Valentine's Day I'm sharing my guys with you. There's only one who is really my honey, but the others all have their own places in my heart.

This is our good friend Britt, and the hubby. getting ready to enjoy a postprandial cigar. I made them a special Valentine's dinner tonight - steak sandwiches, broccoli with cheese sauce, roasted garlic on bread with butter and beer. (I also gave them both an awesome Valentine's gift so they should look extremely happy).
Feb 13, 2011
They are handsome, witty, smart-assed troublemakers who like to get together and smoke cigars and I love them dearly. (No, they don't smoke in the house. They smoke those nasty things outside even when it's 20 degrees). I'm married to the one on the right (and he'll have his own post one of these days) but the one on the left has a special place in my heart too. He's been part of our family for nearly 5 years now and I don't know what we would do without him. 
November 2006
 He brings us gifts every time he comes over. He takes out the garbage, if it's needed, splits wood, helps with dinner and, on occasion, he babysits. He lets my kids jump on him like he's a trampoline for goodness sake. See?

Oh, by the way, ladies - he's single.

Of course, my other two Valentine's are my little guys. I heart them with every fiber of my being. I mean, how could I not? Just look at them! The two cutest cutie-pies in the world. 

Happy Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment