"Which of my all important nothings should I tell you first?" ~ Jane Austen, in a letter to her sister

Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Consideration for others

I read this article that really touched me. Here are some of the more poignant excerpts, but I encourage you to read it yourselves. Then, if you don't already, take the message to heart. This world really can use much more consideration, empathy, kindness, and self-awareness.
Graciousness can pay priceless dividends. And it doesn't cost a thing.
It's easy to do, if you care about other people's feelings. 
Every day, we're given the choice. Consideration? It's free of charge. It can echo forever.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/02/13/greene.gracious.gesture/index.html?iref=allsearch

1 comment:

  1. I love stories like this.

    My grandfather has held "lofty" military titles. The guys at the gate of the base still tremble when he drives up, but you'd never know it to know him. He's just a regular outstanding ol guy.

    ReplyDelete