"Which of my all important nothings should I tell you first?" ~ Jane Austen, in a letter to her sister

Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Flashback Friday - the Cruisers edition

When I was young I used to hang out at my best friend, Erin's, house across the street and watch the movie Eddie & the Cruisers over and over. AND over. We would lay on the floor in front of the TV in her parents' family room and people had to step over us to get through the room. Erin used to push the buttons on the VCR with her toes. Odd the things we remember, isn't it? 

Anyway, I loved the movie then and I still do now. Here are some clips for you: 







If you haven't seen it then I fully recommend watching it some Sunday afternoon when it's raining, the kids are sleeping or gone, and you're feeling a little introspective. And drool over Michael Pare in tight jeans and leather jackets (long before he turned into the asshole, cheating husband in Hope Floats). Note: the Eddie & the Cruisiers sequel isn't even a fraction as good as the first one, but it does tell you what in the hell happened after the somewhat ambiguous end to the first one. Personally I LIKE the ambiguity; I don't need to know the whole mundane story. But maybe that's just me. 

Enjoy! Happy Friday & glorious 3-day weekend, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment