"Which of my all important nothings should I tell you first?" ~ Jane Austen, in a letter to her sister

Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Bitchfest & IG LW review

I'm annoyed. For several reasons:
  1. I'm at work and it's Monday. 
  2. I'm getting a cystic/nodule type acne bump on the side of my chin. I could ignore it but it freaking hurts. Like I-can't-forget-it's-there kind of hurt. So that sucks.
  3. What started out as a nice Mother's Day yesterday went south in the middle of the day when my kids completely forgot that they ever had manners to begin with and proceeded to act like whiny, annoying, born-in-a-barn, selfish 2 year olds. They are 9 & 7. I was taking THEM shopping for stuff for THEM. On Mother's Day. Ungrateful little wretches. People used to compliment me about their manners. What the hell happened??
  4. My oldest decided to continue this trend through this morning when he laid on the floor for 30 minutes because we were making him wear jeans to school that make his butt look big. For reals? I mean, really? He's 9. He's small. 51 inches tall and maybe 52 pounds. Nevertheless, kicking, screaming, pounding the floor tantrum this morning. He is grounded from the TV & the computer now.
  5. We decided to try an ADHD med for my little one this weekend. He has never taken ANY meds, and there's some concern with treating the ADHD because the medicine can cause Autism characteristics to become "worse" or just more defined. Well, we tried one on Saturday and, OMFG, the child turned into a holy terror. We were in survival mode with him until it wore off. I held him until he calmed down and then quietly handed over the the Wii remote and slowly backed away. So, yeah, we won't be trying that again. I would rather deal with his concentration issues than that mad, angry and aggressive little spawn of satan.
  6. My insurance guy keeps calling (when I'm not home so I just get these annoying messages) to sign up for a service or I'm about to lose a discount for the next 6 months. This is my thing: I obviously was signed up for it the last 6 months - why the hell are you bugging me about it again? When I sign up once I expect it to stay in effect. Do you really think I have time to deal with ONE MORE THING? And I have to carve out the time to do this during the day while I'm at work. 
Which brings me back to WORK. I try not to talk about work too much here - but I just have to say something. I've been doing this job for over 5 years. Which is a long time, in this field, to stay with one company and in the same position. I'm getting a little freakin' burned out. I'm tired of the same problems and the same non-solutions. Home annoyances on top of the typical work stuff makes days like today really hard.

I would love to be Susie Sunshine and see the bright side of every thing, every day - but that's just not me. Sometimes I can do that. Other times I want to wallow in my annoyance with the world or just go back to bed already. 

I know I'll get over it soon. Except for this stupid cystic pimple. That's going to take several days and a lot of oil massaging.

So enough bitching. Here's a look at how last week (LW) went, in Instagram (IG):

Sunday: We shot off the rocket my 9 year old got for his birthday. It was SO COOL.
Monday: I took my little guy to his developmental pediatrician. This was in the waiting room. 
Tuesday: I got new specs.
Wednesday: We went to see Wicked. This is the stage before it started. It.Was.Awesome.
Thursday: There was a duck in the road. I persuaded her to move for her safety.
Friday: Read Night at my oldest's school. Every year we put on a puppet show for the event. We = my husband as the puppeteer with help from a nephew and friend. It's a real crowd-pleaser. 
Saturday: The hubby got all handy and installed our new water heater.
Saturday: During the medication snafu: angry eyes and a thunderous brow.
Saturday evening: Hot water. Bubbly toes. Fantastic.
Sunday: Mother's Day breakfast in bed. Crepe with Nutella & whipped cream. There was bacon too but somehow it disappeared before the picture was taken.
Sunday: some of my Mother's Day loot. Chocolate (of course), funky socks, and homemade books. Plus a card with a tropical island and tropical music in it (no drink with an umbrella in it though). I also got a color bowl (flower pot) for the front porch AND, drumroll please, I did not have to wash a dish all freakin' day. Hallelujah!

6 comments:

  1. 1st.....BIG BIG BIG BIG HUGS!!!!!!! I have way to many of the weeks and days you describe although my kidlets are amazing outside of the home, they still act up and whine.

    2. LOVE the new specs....reminds me that I really need to go get my eyes checked, lol

    3. That crepe looks way yummy!!!!!

    4. Awww sweet lil' ducky...hope we get to see some babies soon

    5. Mothers Day gifts...was that keychain from school not the sweetest surprise EVER!!!! OMG, almost teared up. Since I am there all the time working I usually know little things going on and this was well kept from me...hehehe. She said this morning that EVERYONE stayed right on task and did an awesome job putting them together. I really love this class, it has been amazing watching them!!!!!!

    Hope you have a nice evening! Have a glass of wine, a little chocolate and listen to some of your favorite songs. As for me, I'm off to swim lessons and then gymnastics AND then I need to get busy and get my house cleaned before the party Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate cyst pimples (and they grow on me too).

    I also hate business bullshit and non-solutions.

    I LOVE your new specs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love the specs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacy - thanks! The crepe was very yummy, the keychains were awesome, and I felt much better yesterday afternoon. The kids were both being sweethearts last night.

    Elsa - I just caught up on your blog and I'm loving it. Thanks!

    Lifeversiontwo (I don't know your name!!)- Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um. Hug?

    I'm looking forward to seeing you.

    And you know what? Kids sometimes act like jerks. I hate it when that happens. Like post an ad "free to any home" kind of hate it.

    Also you look sexy in those glasses.

    Sex-ay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J, thanks! I needed that. ;) I'm looking forward to seeing you too. I'll contact you later this week.

    ReplyDelete