"Which of my all important nothings should I tell you first?" ~ Jane Austen, in a letter to her sister

Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The week in photos: a recap

Warning: lots o' pictures in this post. Some of food. Some of people. Some of other stuff. Some of teeth (or missing teeth). It was a busy week.

Unfortunately all the photos are from my phone because I have misplaced the cord to charge my camera. (I hope I didn't leave it in the last hotel room I stayed in. I hope, I hope. I did that last year with my phone charger and have been kicking myself ever since.) Anyway, apologies for the quality of the pics. I really, really want a good camera but until I can afford that it would be nice if I could at least find the cord to my little Fujifilm point & shoot digital.

The boys (all three of them) were on Spring Break so they were all very, very happy about that. I had to work, a lot (end of the financial quarter and I was covering for my boss) but the fun stuff off-set the work stuff nicely.

We started the week by all going out to lunch.

We rented Just Dance 2. The boys thought it was going to be L.A.M.E. and that they couldn't possibly get up and DANCE, like, in front of PEOPLE. But after watching me & the hubby do it, they were more than ready to try it. And, no surprise, they freakin' loved it. (Note: if you are well-endowed, like me, then when your 7 year old begs you to play Just Dance before bed and you have already taken your bra off do NOT dance to "Jump.")


We also had a wide range of weather (a friend of mine remarked that Mother Nature must be menopausal). Snow, rain, and later in the week sunny & 70 degrees. I never get tired of looking up and seeing the snow on the mountains just 20 miles away from us.


I went to the chiropractor 3 times (where, one day, an adorable 2 yo fell asleep on the table waiting for his adjustment and then SLEPT THROUGH THE ADJUSTMENT). Wow. 


And I made flautas for the first time. They were oh so yum. (Fattening though. Warning: You may gain a pound just looking at the pic). I also made the Pioneer Woman's Brother's Chicken Tacos - but didn't snap a pic of those. I make Mexican food at least once a week.


The sad news of the week was the untimely demise of my favorite pizza stone. I had it even before I had my children. Even before I was married. So sad. It was left on a hot burner and cracked down the middle. You can't see the crack but it's there. (The odd white round mark was left by a pan lid that was on top of the pizza stone.) Can you see how perfectly seasoned it was? Oh, the tragedy. 


But then my little one wanted a pic with his mom & dad and the world was okay again.


I received this picture texted to me while I was at work so I'm not sure what happened, but the Tooth Fairy visited us again that night - just a week after her last visit. I really need to make this guy some Jello so he can learn how to shoot it out through the holes. Hee hee. (Oh, I WAS disappointed to find they didn't buy any chocolate chips. Duh, they were right.there.)


On Saturday the hubby's acting group premiered a new train show. It's a Wild West idea, and the hubby is a bit of a bumbling but dedicated Confederate General. This is him the night before trying his costume and crazy face on. 


We went to our nephew's birthday party on Saturday. My little one insisted he wouldn't go outside because of the dog - and then proceeded to follow the dog around and eventually try to ride him like a horse. Also my twin nieces are in the picture. So stinkin' adorable I want to eat them up.


Then we marked World Autism Awareness Day, on April 2. You can read my post about it here. We put a blue light bulb in our front porch light and we all dressed in blue to show our support for the event. When we went outside to take this pic we noticed our neighbors next door had also put blue light bulbs in their outside lights. I WAS STOKED. 




I hope your week was as fun as mine. 

Hasta maƱana, peeps.

2 comments:

  1. two things...I am with you on the cooking mexican at least once a week (and PW's brothers tacos looked amazing!!! I have a plan to make them this weekend.) 2. that poor stone, you are right, it was perfectly seasoned. My hubby broke my rectangle sheet stone and my poor little heart crumbled. I love my stones and don't know why anyone would go through life without stoneware. As an aside, I love when your hubby dresses up in his play outfits...I am sure they are even better in person. Someday I hope I get to see a performance of his (other than the short videos that get posted.) I must apologize that I did not get a blue light....but I was sporting my blue clothes in support of your family and my fried Tracy's son.

    ReplyDelete