"Which of my all important nothings should I tell you first?" ~ Jane Austen, in a letter to her sister

Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jane Austen - a warning

Among the various things on my desk (iPod chargers, checkbooks, bills (and more bills), Jelly Bellies, and Kleenexes) is a book called Jane Austen's Little Advice Book (edited by Cathryn Michon and Pamela Norris). I'm warning you now because you WILL see Jane Austen quotes on a fairly regular basis. She is the inspiration for so many good things and the balm for all the bad things.


If you ever fear you are alone in your problems just know that you, decidedly, are not: 
"None of us expects to be in smooth water all our days."
Persuasion, Jane Austen
Speaking of Persuasion, (it is neck-in-neck with Pride & Prejudice for my favorite Jane Austen book), remind me to share my Persuasion-themed poem one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment